ICCM 2013 will be held at the scenic Carleton University campus in the city of Ottawa, the capital of Canada.
The conference will be held in the River Building, which can be found here on Google maps, and at RB on the campus map.
Tutorials will be held on Thursday July 11th on the 2nd floor of the Tory Building, which can be found here on Google maps, and at TB on the campus map.
Details of the conference lunch and dinners will be announced shortly.
There are also places to eat on campus and in the nearby Glebe neighbourhood on Bank Street.
We recommend using Parking Lot P2, as it is the closest to the River Building and Tory Building. Daily parking passes are $3 on Saturday and Sunday, but are $13 for 4 hours on thursday and friday. There is also parking lot 7 as an option, which is $7 all day on thursday and friday (but is a farther walk). Alternatively, a weekly parking pass can be purchased from Parking Services for $25.
Daily parking pass
- $3+HST on weekends, 13+HST on weekdays
- Purchase at Pay and Display meters located in parking lots
- Available in parking lots 2, 7
Weekly parking pass
- Purchase at Front Desk (for those staying in residence) or Parking Services. Please bring your vehicle information when you purchase a parking pass.
- Available for parking lots 2, 6, and 10
Overnight parking pass
- Purchase at Front Desk (for those staying in residence) or Parking Services
- Available for parking lots 6 and 10
All questions regarding parking should be directed to:
204 Robertson Hall
There are a number of hotels near campus or downtown, including:
These hotels (except for the Travelodge) can be accessed directly from Carleton via bus route 4 to the Rideau Centre.
The Lord Elgin is recommended in particular.
For a full list of options and prices, see these hotel booking sites:
Click here for a map of hotels in Ottawa.
Carleton University Residences offer the best bargain: they are affordable, close to the conference, and provide a free full breakfast buffet. Stay is residence is $102.24 a night for a room with a pair of single beds. To book a room in residence, complete the following form:
Residence Room Booking Form ( DOC ) ( PDF )
Send the form either by fax or email to Carleton University Conference Services:
Fax: (613) 520-3952
Public Transit: OC Transpo
- 1-way rides cost $3.30 cash or 2 tickets or 1 transfer (shown)
- Tickets available for purchase at many locations, cost $1.30 each in sheets of 6
- Bus transfers available from driver, they last 1.5 hours
- Most buses operate from 6am until midnight
- From Airport to Carleton: Take bus 97 direction Bayshore, transfer at Billings Bridge 1A, take bus 4 direction Rideau Centre to Carleton University
- From Carleton to Parliament: Take bus 4 direction Rideau Centre to Queen/Metcalfe
- From Carleton to Downtown: Take bus 4 direction Rideau Centre to Rideau Station
- From Carleton to Bluesfest: Take bus 107 direction Lebreton to Lebreton Station
- From Carleton to Little Italy: Take bus 107 direction Lebreton to Carling/Preston
- From Carleton to Chinatown: Take bus 4 direction Rideau Centre to Bronson/Somerset *May be construction detour, ask bus driver
- From Carleton to The Glebe: Take bus 7 direction St. Laurent to Bank/Belmont
Taxi: Blue Line 613-283-1111 or Capital Taxi 613-744-3333
A fan of the Blues? The Ottawa Bluesfest will be running for the duration of the conference, every evening from July 4th to 14th.
Ottawa offers many other attractions including the Parliament buildings, the Rideau Canal (North America's oldest continuously operated canal system), and many museums.